Thursday, 20 February 2014

Palikade odyawar

Hello friends! Add the lines if you remember.

Palikade odyawar
maaze gaav te sunder
darya khorya tuni jaate
chimukali ek waat
...
...
Kama,Suma,Aru, Chandu
Bhau aala mhantat
meethi mag sodwawi
haata war khau det!

21 comments:

  1. माझे गाव ते सुंदर
    झाडाझुडपात आहे
    लपलेल्रे माझे घर
    माझ्या गावातून जाते
    चिमुकली हीच वाट
    मला ओढुनिया नेते
    माझ्या घरापाशी थेट
    पिंपळाच्या झाडाखाली
    लहानसे माझे घर
    तुळशीचे व्रुंदावन
    चिरेबंदी ओट्यावर
    माझी आइ तेथे राही
    माझ्या भावंडांचा मेळा
    घरी गेल्यावर होतो
    माझ्या भोवताली गोळा
    कमा सुमा अरु चंदू
    भाऊ आला म्हणतात
    मिठी मग सोडवावी
    हातावरी खाउ देत

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing.i had been trying to recollect this poem for many yrs.we had this in school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing.i had been trying to recollect this poem for many yrs.we had this in school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing.i had been trying to recollect this poem for many yrs.we had this in school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely memories
    Old is gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had this poem in third standard before 60 years
      I still remember it....
      And I always sing it along
      This is my favourite poem says my Grandmother.

      Delete
  6. Lovely memories
    Old is gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so very memorable.I wonder if anyone knows the complete poem?

    ReplyDelete
  8. pali kade odhya var maze gav te sundar zada zudpat ahe laplele maze ghar, tulshiche vrindavan mazi aayi tethe dari...ghari gelya var hoto mazya bhavandancha mela......meethi mag sodvavi hata var khau det....evdhe athvate.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had this marathi poem in class 3 if i remember correctly. Very sweet poem !

      Delete
  9. I just love this poem...childhood memorize. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back in 1976, I was in 6th standard and our Marathi Sir had sung this song in class. It was a sad tune, I still remember and sometimes shed a tear or two...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. were you in St Elias high school?-(from salinanaidu@gmail.com)

      Delete
    2. Me too ! Though I’m not maharashtrian, my Marathi sir sang it in such a beautiful way that I was a fan for life!!! And the words are priceless gems

      Delete
  11. I remember this poem, we had this in class 6, and our marathi teacher had a special tune for this song--even now i only remember this poen in that tune--such sweet memories

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to sing this poem in my school. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  13. My fav poem in 4th std, i used to sing it always and now also, our Marathi teacher Mrs.Teajasvini mam sang it in a very beautiful way that this poem had permanent impact in my memory..Though we lost our beloved Marathi mam last year ..We always loved your teaching Mam..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now, when I see this poem, I can't recognise any of the lines except the first line. May be, I was in seventh or eight std. when I had this poem in my Marathi syllabus. Being a south Indian(Tamil) it was very difficult for me, especially pronouncing the words(leave alone reciting it by-heart.) My Marathi teacher knew that in the whole class I was the only student who could not recite this poem properly. So, he always made me read it loudly,in the class. But, I too was adamant. With help from my mother(she couldn't speak or understand Marathi but she'd listen to my recitation) I finally mugged up the whole poem. I still remember how I used to recite this poem very fast. Oh, how I'd like to go back to my childhood and get beaten up(with a cane) in my hands, for not being able to memorise and recite this poem in the class!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anyone knows who is the author of this poem

    ReplyDelete